Off-Duty Firefighter Saves 30 Diners After Noticing Carbon Monoxide Leak in North Carolina Restaurant
On December 14th Lonnie Wimmer, one off-duty North Carolina firefighter, ensured dozens of people happy and healthy holidays when he noticed signs of a potentially deadly carbon monoxide leak while dining at a restaurant over the weekend. Lonnie was attending a birthday party at the River Ridge Taphouse in Clemmons on Saturday when he and other patrons began to experience headaches and nausea, LFD Assistant Chief Steve Williams tells PEOPLE. After immediately calling the LFD and alerting them to what he deciphered was a carbon monoxide leak multiple ambulances responded, and all restaurant patrons were evacuated, Williams said. Around 30 people showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, with at least 16 transported to local hospitals.
At AGS we want to provide a solution to help restaurant owners protect members of the public as well as their workers. When solid fuel is burned, products of combustion, including carbon monoxide gas, are released. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas with no taste, smell or color. Moderate exposure can lead to serious permanent ill-health effects or death. Children, pregnant women, smokers and people with heart or breathing problems are particularly at risk. The early signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to common ailments such as flu or upset stomach, but can escalate very quickly. Symptoms can include: Headache; Abdominal pain; Nausea/vomiting; Chest pains; Breathlessness; Dizziness; Collapse.
American Gas Safety have a number of products to protect staff from the exposure of carbon monoxide within the commercial kitchen environment, such as our Merlin 1500S (pictured above). We also supply and manufacture Carbon Monoxide alarms, exhaust fan activation, visual Carbon Dioxide traffic light indication and much more. AGS products also cover residential properties by using our Mini Merlin, a combined methane & carbon monoxide detector & boiler rooms with our GDP range. Please email or call our team at AGS for any further information email@example.com or call (727)-608-4375
Official article – https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/off-duty-firefighter-saves-30-205828822.html