- Product Literature Documents
- Product Specification Documents
- Add A Gas Detector
- Ancillary Products
The Merlin 1500S ventilation interlock system is designed for kitchens where all appliances have built in flame failure devices and there is no need for gas pressure proving. The Merlin 1500S acts as an interlock between the ventilation system and the gas solenoid valve. It ensures the gas solenoid cannot be opened unless the ventilation system is proven to be working and working at such a speed that is effective to exhaust the fumes from the appliances.
The fans can be monitored through air pressure switches or by means of an additional current monitor. To operate the Merlin 1500S the fans should be turned to the ‘on’ position, once the panel receives a signal to indicate the fans are operating the key on the panel can be turned to the ‘on’ position and this will open the gas solenoid valve. If the fans should fail, the ‘fan fail’ LED on the panel will illuminate and the gas solenoid will close. Additional sensors and safety shut off buttons can be wired into the panel and there is a 12 vdc output for external alarms.
• Interlocking with fans using either Air PD switches or fan current sensors to interlock up to 4 fans.
• Can work in conjunction with a Merlin CO2 Monitor.
• Will accept remote emergency knock-off buttons.
• Key switch operation gives the user full control.
• Clear LED display for system indications.
• Compatible with both BMS and fire alarm systems.
• Straightforward to install and calibrate, the Merlin 1500S can be easily adjusted to the user’s requirements.
• Covered by American Gas Safety LLC 3 year warranty.
• Height – 7.0 inch
• Width – 10.0 inch
• Depth – 2.4 inch